Creative, therapeutic groups for parents & carers
A space for parents/carers to ‘be’, working therapeutically using the creative arts to give voice to their experiences, to be heard and validated.
The group is one and a half hours per week over 12 sessions and focuses on the following:
- Time to relax and breathe
- Giving voice to experience through a range of creative possibilities such as working with imagery, movement, fabric and other arts materials
- Sharing experiences, connecting with others and building trusting relationships through the group journey
- Space to be you – recognising the ‘me’ in family
- Recharging batteries – bringing focus and attention to the positive for health and well-being
Creative, expressive groups for children & young people
The group is focused on reaching out to those young people that may sometimes ‘fall through the gaps’. Perhaps those that find it difficult to get through the school gates or into the classroom in the morning, or those that are quiet or withdrawn, or struggle to engage with peers at playtime. Group sizes are up to 6 children.
The group is one hour per week over 12 sessions and focuses on the following:
- Working with movement and the body to gain greater awareness of physical sensations and how to manage strong feelings
- Working with movement, creativity and play to make connections and build relationships with others to improve emotional health and wellbeing
- Using creative expression to develop an emotional language
- Building confidence and nurturing a positive self-view through the creative group experience
The groups are delivered by Grace Flavell who has been working as a Dramatherapist for 10 years and has over 20 years of experience working in a range of settings with children and families.
Please contact us for information about cost and delivery in your area.